Hi! Things are just great here in Taranto. It's pretty hot.
Sorella Hibbert got here on Wednesday, Ansted came on Thursday night...and we've divided up the work, gone through the area book, have called almost every less active on the ward list...it's going to be a great transfer. We've got a lot of work ahead of us, and even though it will be different, with two companionships of sorelle we'll be able to accomplish so much more.
It's stifling.
On Saturday we called some less active members and I set up a couple of appointments. Then on Sunday we got to church and guess who was there? Daniele from my ward in Rome. We started talking, and he asked if we were the missionaries going to visit his grandma that night. ''Sorella Polignano?'' Yep. What are the chances? I had no idea they were related. Anyway, it was one of the coolest experiences. She told us her conversion story (Italians are known for their dreams) and the spirit was so strong. And I can't leave out the fact that we enjoyed homemade pizza, pasta al forno and gelato before we left. A few other friends from Rome might be coming next week, and maybe, maybe we can play soccer. It's hot...but it's been so long, since April, that I've played. Vediamo.
In other news...I'm going to Rome tomorrow! There's going to be a conference for all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders. I was kind of annoyed by this additional leadership thing for sisters at first, but to take a long bus ride, see the countryside, and be back in Rome where everything started...it kind of feels like going home. I've tried to play it down and not talk about it, but inside I'm dying. My year mark, August 1, I'll be at the villa.
I'll let you know how it all goes! I love you so much. I love your letters and hearing about all the reunions and things going on at home. They really do mean a lot.
Have a great week!
Jenni