It
has been a great week! Time goes by so quickly. I feel like this transfer just
started, but after zone conference on thursday we'll get the call
from president. Crazy. Sorella Rost and Sorella Vincent are wonderful.
They're picking up the language pretty quickly and don't let it hinder them at
all from doing missionary work. They are confident and way better than me
at contacting, haha. It's been awesome serving with them. Hopefully we'll get
to stay together for six more weeks. And I don't know what we're going to do
when the Kellys go home. I love them both so much.
You're
right, it's cool to know that the Lord and the mission president trust us to
train. This the Lord's work and if we're doing our best, we don't have to
worry. My first few transfers...I worried a lot. I felt unqualified, and was
kind of quiet/not myself because I didn't want to make any mistakes...I don't
really know how to describe it. But I've learned so much these past
few months. Especially that Heavenly Father knows and loves us perfectly,
and that although we will always be ''unprofitable servants'', if we are
obedient and do our best, we're fine.
So
last week for pday we went to Matera, where they filmed Passion of the
Christ. It was beautiful, but the best part was that we got to
''hike'' a little. Anziano Franceschini wanted to find the hill where the
crosses had been, and we walked all over the place. Being outside
of the city, no people...it was a nice change. It was also Anziano
Miller's birthday this week, and we celebrated it five times. Meals with the
Marinòs, Delle Foglies, Pastanos, Sergio, and our own (Sorella Rost made a
mexican feast)...it was the best. So much cake this weekend. So much food.
On
Sunday for the first hour our ward mission leader announced the plan for
each family to read the two chapters of the book of mormon two each day,
finish it by september, write their testimonies inside and give it to someone.
The members seem excited, and we've got appointments with people that the
missionaries haven't seen in quite a while, so hopefully things will start to
pick up.
I
love serving here. I love our district, this ward...it's cool how after such a
short amount of time you can really get to know and love people. You see what
they need...even when you don't, Heavenly Father uses you to help them and
bless their lives. Thanks for your examples! I love you all so much!
Jenni