I loved General
Conference! We were able to watch the first three sessions and the Young
Women's broadcast at the church, in English even. It was perfect. I am always
amazed at how many of my questions are answered each time, and how certain
talks and things that are said seem to speak directly to my heart. During
personal study each morning or at night sometimes I like to read talks from
past General Conderences, and I can't tell you how many times...almost every
day really, I read something that is exaclty what I need in that moment. I am
so, so grateful for a living prophet and apostles today, and for all the
resources that we have as members of the church. There are so many people
searching for the truth ''but they know not where to find it'', and I hope I
can be an instrument in the Lord's hands not only here on my mission but the
rest of my life to help others find it. We are so blessed with the knowledge we
have, and are promised we can know all things. All we have to
do is have the right desires, and to ask.
There has been a
sciopero (strike) since Easter, and even when they say the buses are running, we end up
waiting forever. We did manage to go to the Marino's twice this past week
though, and on Monday we had a barbecue! You know too well how much I love
Italian food, and I would never complain, but one thing that I have missed
about home, foodwise, is meat. There was that one time in Ladispoli when Fabio
made carne alla braccia, steak and sausages that were to die for though, and
after Monday...it was just the best. We went to three different pizzerias this
week as well. I always order ''la diavola.'' Mmm.
Sorry my letter is shorter this week. I love you all!
Jenni