Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013

I'm so glad Michael's package made it home! Really, if it didn't have scriptures and a cross on it, I'm not sure it would have ever left the post office, haha.

Transfer calls were on Saturday, and I'm going to Taranto! Puglia! I'll be companions with Sorella Smedley for her last transfer. Isn't that where Sorella Wightman has been serving? Anyway, it was hard saying goodbye to everyone here (for the second time) but I'm really excited. Tomorrow morning, bright and early...I love long bus rides.

This week was great! On Friday two brothers from Ostia were baptized, so we got to go to Rome 1. The next morning was the stake ''Helping Hands'' activity where we cleaned another park, and then we had the stake Relief Society, our ward did the closing number ''Hijas de un Rey,'' Figlias di un re, Daughters of a King...lots of practice and opinions went into that one, haha. It worked out, though.

It's been interesting hearing all of the different opinions about the new pope. I love walking through St. Peter's square on our way home some nights, when it's dark and there aren't many people. I feel so lucky to have served here for my first six months. To think, we watched General Conference my first week in Italy, and I'll start my fifth transfer in Taranto with this April's conference. I can't wait.

I'm glad to hear that Christi is doing well! Happy birthday to Michael, thank you for your letters, and I'll send you my address as soon as I find out!

Jenni



Friday was "festa delle donne" (womens day). it is this great holiday where you give these adorable little mimosa flowers to women and tell them that they are important and loved.