Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27, 2013


This past week in Ladispoli has been so much fun! Not many missionaries get to go back to their first city; I feel so lucky. I finally understand everyone, I can speak...not very well, but enough. I loved going back to english course here. One of the students called me a maschiaccio the other day...so keep the letters about ''quiet dignity'' coming, haha. But that means I know enough of the language to express myself, right?

I love Sorella Comollo! I knew it would be hard to come back without Sorella Ivory here, but things have been just fine. Sorella Comollo is such a great missionary, talks to everyone, is the best cook...I'm just so glad I get to be her companion for the rest of this transfer. And I love this ward! The members are incredible.

We changed p-day to Saturday last week because we got tickets to the rugby tournament...Italy vs. Wales at the olympic stadium. Wales! That morning Sorella Comollo and I went to see Bernini's ''Ecstasy of Saint Theresa'', the trevi, and then we went to the game. Oh man. To be in a stadium! To hear ''Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau'' (and Inno di Mameli) sung by the fans...it was a dream. 26-9, Wales. It was the best day. After district meeting this week Sorella Comollo and I went to see the temple, and then today we went to Ostia Antica.

Anyway, a lot has happened in the last two weeks, but first I want to tell you about last transfer...


Sorry, I started talking to this guy two computers over. He's in the military, a model...bahahaha. I just did a mini version of the first lesson, and he wants to come to English course, if he can find time. The people you meet...I love being here.

Anyway, I loved being companions with Sorella Christensen! We did a lot of finding at the beginning of the transfer, but remember how the very first day there was that couple who I talked to on the bus? That helped us with our luggage? Their names are Maria and Salvatore. Maria's twin brother Giovanni came to English course that week and the anziani started teaching him. He's golden, knows the Book of Mormon is true, and is just amazing. Anyway, a few weeks later we ran into Salvatore and Maria again on the bus. Maria called her sister Olivia on skype (she's in Transylvania) and I talked to her for a few minutes. Then Maria invited us over for dinner. I cooked and skyped with Olivia, who's trying to learn English, while slla Christensen tried to keep Salvatore entertained. He is one of the funniest people I've ever met. A priest, doesn't believe the pope has authority, does his own mass every day at home and is an excorcist...I have so many stories to tell you when I get home. Anyway, they're coming to English course now and meeting with the missionaries, but Giovanni is the one who I am so excited about.

Janus was baptized when I got to Rome 1, then his brother Dominique right before I left, and I just love them. Their mom Fatimah is of the strongest, most hard working women I've ever met. She has sacrificed so much for her family, and I have learned so much from her example.

Sorry, I have to go, but I'll tell you about everything next week. Thank you for your letters and pictures of the temple!

Jenni