Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16, 2013









I was excited to hear about the weather in Provo, haha. We ran into Anziano Fliton's family at the Pantheon today, and they said in Park City temperatures were around negative twenty. Hopefully it's like that when I come home next year. I'm sure Michael's putting his pass to good use! It has been raining here for three days straight, and this morning it hailed long enough that we got about an inch or so of ice on the ground. I think it's the closest thing to snow we'll get this year. 

Things are going well here in Rome. We finally got to meet with Fabio's mom Rosalba, and we also started teaching someone in our English course. Two investigators! We've been doing a lot of finding these days and meeting with less active members of our ward. The pope is in our boundaries too...maybe we should give him a ring.

Janus was baptized last Saturday, was confirmed the next day in church, and this Sunday he got the priesthood. He and his mom are some of the most hardworking, faithful people I've ever met. I'm so excited for him.

After District Meeting on Monday we went to Subway with Ottavio and the anziani. I haven't had a sandwich (or bacon) since the MTC. It was a dream. Sorella Christensen lived in Italy for a year with her family before the mission, and she is a COOK. So I do the dishes, she makes all these delicacies...I'm slowly learning though.

I am so grateful to be serving in Rome. Every time I get discouraged I just have to look around me and realize what a dream it is to be here. 

I love you all so much! Have a great week!

go to youtube, mormon message - Italian beekeeper.  We know him.

The Pantheon,  Piazza Navona, miscellanea for lunch. favorite restaurant so far. 

It hailed/sleeted this morning! Kind of like snow...there was a good inch or so.

I finally figured out my address...

Sister Jenni Buckley
Villa Villata 28
00166 Rome, RM
ITALY