Thursday, September 27, 2012

T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

Jenni and Travis Treuhaft (cousin) who will be serving in Mexico! 

This last week at the MTC has been good! We have our flight plans, visas, and it's finally starting to sink in. Five days and we'll be leaving for Italy. We're flying British Airways all the way to Rome.
October 2
Flight 1827 SLC to Chicago/O Hare               11:10 AM - 3:05 PM
Flight 1546 Chicago to London Heathrow         7:10 PM - 9:05 AM

October 3
Flight 546 London Heathrow- Rome FC         10:55 AM - 2:20 PM

Today was our last P-day, and our whole branch (5 districts of Italians) got to do a temple session together. It was a really cool experience. I love the missionaries here so much. Tomorrow and Saturday we have "in-field training", which means we'll be in workshops all day. We'll have our last meeting together as a branch on Sunday, then a fireside, Monday is culture day, we'll say goodbye to our teachers, finish packing that night, and then we'll leave early on Tuesday morning.

It's hard to believe the nine weeks are already up. I have learned so much here...about the gospel, about the language, about myself...it's just been a wonderful experience.

"Some things are hard to write about. After something happens to you, you go to write it down, and either you over dramatize it or underplay it, exaggerate the wrong parts or ignore the important ones. At any rate, you never write it quite the way you want to." I have always loved this from Sylvia Plath, and don't think I've ever sympathized with it more than now.

I can't wait to get out into the mission field. I'll let you know how things go! Thanks for all of the love and support you've shown me, I love you all so much!

Jenni