Fri 26. Went to a less-active member's with the anziani. A few days earlier we had left an invite for Anna's baptism, and he called and agreed to meet with us. (he came to church that sunday and has been coming ever since). Then Sorella Smedley and I went to Lama to meet with Virginia. We walked to a rocky place by the sea and read a few chapters of the Book of Mormon together. On the way home I realized I left my Italian triple combination there, and by the time we went back the next day it was gone. I had stamps with the phone numbers from Ladispoli, Rome and Taranto in it, but inside the back cover. The only other things I had inside were a picture of me and Cami in the Uintahs and then one of young Indiana jones/Trevor Corbett. But I had marked them all the way up until Helaman. Sad, right? Maybe someone found it and is reading it...doubtful. Oh well.
Sat 27. Lunch in Talsano with Anna. Her ''atheist'' son Giovanni was there with his girlfriend, and as we ate lunch we had a nice little conversation about the word of wisdom. Giovanni took us to get a gelato afterwards so they could have their coffee. We went to Alessandra's and then to Damiano's baptism. President called and told the anziani they were training and that I'd train two.
Sun 28. Franceschini's in Gospel Principles = cool information about the four rivers in the garden of eden that after the flood and the dividing of the continents...you know how it can be. Luch at the Marinos, tried some peppers, fireside about evidences of the Book of Mormon in the Bible.
Lun 29. District meeting. Feast at Ettore's while listening to old records. Federa Mingarelli? Surprise party at the Mazzolari's for Seijko and Smedley. Saying goodbyes, tears.
Mar 30. Shopping. Zara. Last english course, we made brownies, went out for pizza with the Carrino's (a random family in the basic class) and the mom and daughter just bawled. Packing.
Wed 1. Emailed home, went to see someone from English Course. He gave Sorella Smedley a quote book about finding happiness. Then he showed me mine...Dante'sPurgatorio. He drew a diagram in my journal and started explaining all 33 levels, we made up enough excuses that we could finally leave. Went to the Tacconelli's, Sorella Smedley said her last goodbyes. Drove to Bari, got pizza with Cajin and Sorella Furlanich.
Thurs 2. Dropped Smed off at the train station. Anziano Hurlburt called! He's just one of my favorites. Kebabs, met Sorella Rost and Sorella Vincent at the train station. All tired, made it from the train to the bus, left my backpack on the bus. Went to the capolinea to get it and they sent us to the deposito. Got there, got my backpack (everything was inside. miracle), groceries, English course, crashed.
Fri 3. Corellation. Gelato on Corso Italia, impromptu district meeting on Lungo Mare. Ilva was all lit up. ''Is that a ferris wheel?'' It really is beautiful at night.
Sat 4. Walked all the way to centro. First lesson with Alessandra. She loved Sorella Rost and Vincent right from the start. It was perfect. The spirit was so strong, and in English...it couldn't have gone better. Lesson with the Kovacs family. Stefano has a baptismal date for June! Anziano Tiechert just jumped right in with his Italian, and it went so well. We have the best district.
Sun 5. Testimony meeting, lunch at Mazzolari's. Sorella Vincent played the piano while Sorella Rost and I helped (watched) in the kitchen. They're doing so well, really trying to talk with people and not let the language be a hinderance. So far ahead of where I was my first transfer. Choir practice...you had to be there.
Mon 6. District meeting. Contacting, talking to everyone at the bus stop. First lesson with Giorgia, seven years old, bapsimal date for her birthday, May 21.
(Do you love how these are getting shorter and less detailed?)
Tues 7. Still so impressed with Sorella Rost and Vincent, and their ability to talk to everyone. Post office to pay for and set up appointments for their permesso di sogiorno, After English course Sergio brought us three huge fish he had caught that morning. Mmmm.
Mer 8. Centro. National Museum of Taranto. Crossed the bridge to Taranto Vecchio, went to the Duomo, saw the altar with the statue of San Cataldo (the patrom saint of Taranto). Met up with Sergio, taught the restoration! The anziani came, we watched the palio (boats, not horses) and then the bridge opened up for the procession of San Cataldo, fireworks from the castle...felt so lucky to be serving here at this time.
Giov 9. Restoration with Anna. Lunch with Franceschini's at Sorella Delle Foglie's. After all these years, she said she would come back to church!
Ven 10. Weekly planning. Corellation with Andrea Di Pietro. Gelato.
Sab 11. Lesson with Giorgia, Giada and Gaia got back form the temple in Switzerland ''modest from now on!'' Went home. Sorella Rost made the best banana bread...I almost cried. Lesson with Alessandra. Plan of salvation, the spirit was so strong! Faith, Alma 32, is this not real? When she prays, it's like she's talking to her best friend.
Ahhh I have to go! I'm still behind and leaving out all the good stories. Sorry! Just know I'm writing in my journal and keeping track of everything, things are wonderful, and I am companions with two of the most prepared, amazing sorelle there are.
I love you all so much!
Jenni
sorella vincent's blog address.