Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12


I absolutely loved Zone Conference last week. President Kelly is so inspired. You know how we always talk about going to General Conference with a question, and that it will be answered by something someone says? It works the same way with Zone Conference, and this time in particular I felt like so many things were said just for me. Afterwards we went to the mission home for lunch (one of the blessings of being in the Rome zone). It was pouring, and of course no one had their umbrellas, so we literally ran from the mission office all the way to the villa. Sorella Kelly warmed us right up, we read the Christmas story...it almost felt like home. 

We had the pleasure of going to the villa again on Friday...the infection in my hand was getting way worse, and I had already finished the antibiotic the Dr. in Frankfurt had prescribed. We called him and he told us to see Dr. Bacci in Rome. So the assistants drove us to this doctor, he took one look at my hand in his broken English he said I needed to see another doctor because I might need an incision...

Sorella Ivory, Sudweeks, and the assistants were in the waiting room wondering what was going on, and I was trying to explain to this  other French doctor what had happened, what antibiotics I was taking...it was interesting. He told me that Amoxicillin was what I needed, and that the one I had taken instead wasn't strong enough. So he gave me three prescriptions and we went and got everything at the pharmacy. Perfect. The assistants dropped us off by the metro, and as soon as I got out of the car I realized we were across the street from the coliseum. Sometimes I forget where I'm serving...and moments like this are the best. 

The next day the stake had the big ''helping hands'' service project, and all the missionaries in our zone got to go and help restore this park in Rome. My job was scraping and then staining the benches...and after about six hours...we were freezing. The project went well, but I just wasn't feeling the best. My hand was a lot worse, so swollen, the stuff had spread, and I was just worried. I got a blessing from one of the elders, and then that night we went to find the owner of the dog. The doctor in Frankfurt insisted that we find the dog and make sure that it was well...

Long story short, it was a funny and stressful thing. So many times I just wished I was in America where I could go to a doctor who knew what he was doing and get everything fixed, but this experience just reminded me that I need to always rely on the Lord. After the blessing and prayers, my hand is so much better. It's going to heal right up. I'll show you it over skype, haha.

We've had some great lessons this week, have some new investigators, and F___ is getting baptized on Sunday. I couldn't be more excited for his family. 

I hope things are going well, and can't wait to talk to you next Wednesday! 

Jenni